Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Where is the Connective Flow?

With so many things shifting in our world today, it’s hard not to get carried away with political rhetoric, fear, anxiety, etc. So often, in times such as these, it’s easy to just want to control your own little piece of the world and micro-manage all that comes in contact with it. That’s how it’s been for me lately.
Luckily, however, I’m in consistent contact with people who try to “listen” rather than just react to the energy around them. They help me notice and pay attention to what is going on with me both externally and internally. This is not an easy task to do all by myself, believe me I know! Much of my life, I have struggled with doing everything for and by myself. It rarely occurred to me that I could actually ask for help unless I was immobilized with illness and even then, I would try to do as much as I could without ever asking anyone for anything. Without going into deep analysis as to why I thought I had to do everything for myself, I am now grateful to know people who help me listen and guide me toward acting from a place of abundance rather than scarcity.
They help me stay in touch with the life source within me that never lets me down and is always ready and willing to help me out with anything I need. This has been a great source of comfort for me because it makes me realize that I’m not alone and that I don’t have to figure everything out for myself.
How do I do this listening thing? I’m not exactly sure but what I do know is that a lot of it has to do with “questioning.” For instance, I have spent the last few months learning the ins and outs of social media networking. I’ve really enjoyed it and have found it to be quite life-giving. I know this because it seems to give me energy instead of draining it from me. I guess you could say it “fills my well” for the time being at least.
Now, the interesting part is that I have been getting all kinds of encouragement from the external world around this new endeavor of mine and wonder if there isn’t a bigger connection being made for me here? Why is it that people are calling me for advice on social media issues? Why is it that opportunities are presenting themselves all around me via this context and I have done very little to encourage them? "What’s going on here" I wonder?
And that is how it begins. I wonder and I wonder some more. Then, I listen and listen some more. I find those who are encouraging of my listening and I ask them to listen with me until we find a “next step” or a movement that coincides with the connection I’ve made both internally and externally. It’s an amazing process and if done with humility and grace, incredibly fruitful! And the best part is that it’s something I will never have to do alone again.
So reader, how do you listen? How do you take a step back and observe what may be going on both inside of you and outside of you? Are there any connections? Is there a place where you tap into an abundant well? Maybe that is where the energy is and maybe that is where you will find your “next step” without disrupting the flow?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Followers